Saturday, April 25, 2009

A necessary evil? - imsurvivor.com

People say cancer treatments are sometimes a necessary evil marked by side effects that can last years, if not a lifetime. It was true in my case, but that was only half the story… and half the battle.
Yes, I had the big 3 treatments; surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy. The tumor had to come out, it had to be eradicated. I survived, but what I was left with, were the consequences of treatment; physical issues, ongoing health concerns, and a lack of self esteem, amongst other things. I was left a shell of the man I once was, a literal couch potato.
But that didn’t stop me from returning to the way I used to be.
Enter IV’s, diet, & vitamins.
I had heard about complementary medicine and how using it in conjunction with traditional treatment was gaining attention and promise. At that time I was taken to a doctor in NY and started a weekly regiment of IV’s (mass doses of C and other vitamins) that go directly into the bloodstream revitalizing cells. This along with closely monitoring my diet (no sugar!), I immediately noticed a huge difference. My lifestyle behaviors changed for the better, my energy level started to come back, along with my motor skills. It was such a reversal, I couldn’t believe it, either could my parents. I came back to school, graduated (with my class), went on to graduate college, and today am an upstanding member of the community.
After more than 20 years of living cancer free, I’ve found that traditional treatment, although still the best single most effective treatment can be enhanced with other modalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment