Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The numbness on my right side turned out to be .... (imsurvivor.com)

This past January I was bowling and started experiencing what I thought was a stroke or heart attack. After a couple of games, I simply forgot how to bowl; forgot which foot to start off with, even how to throw it down the lane. So I just thought I needed a break, that maybe I did too much. But when my food came, I definately had trouble holding the burger in my right hand and the french fries slipped through my hands onto the floor. So at this point I knew something was definately up. I knew I couldn't drive home in this state, so I waited a couple minutes for it to subside, and it did. I thought maybe I just did too much that night. About 3 days later, I had a friend over for the game. We started talking and immediately I felt like I was talking with marbles in my mouth. Words and thoughts weren't coming to me, and it was just difficult to express them when they did. I found it hard to think of things to say. I was concerned, but it got better too and I really didn't think much of it at the time.The next day at work it happened again, and this time it was even more obvious something was going on. Not only had I totally forgot how to do my daily work, but my whole right side became numb; my fingers, my leg, the right side of my cheek, even the right side portion of my tongue.Sounds like a stroke right? Turned out to be a large tumor pressing against a very important area that controls the right side of the body.The rest is, as they say, history. It was taken out immidiately. But thank god for warning signs because the doctors told me if if the tumor had gotten much closer, I might have had some permanant damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment