Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bounceback

As a teen dealing with cancer, I often wondered how my future would turn out. Would I end up being a “cancer” couch potato, or would I be able to accomplish things, graduate college, be a contributing member to society, have superpowers, be able to fly and fight crime. Well except for the last three, I think I’ve found my answer.
Just consider the author J.K Rowling who early on, gave up her dream of writing novels to pursue a more “practical” endeavor. She soon found herself poor and practically homeless. But what she realized, she acknowledges, is that she had an idea, an old typewriter and the support from her daughter. We all know what happened next, Harry Potter was born.
Some say adversity, setbacks and/or traumatic experiences can sometimes be a precursor for success and fulfillment? Do you agree or not? What are your feelings about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment